• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 21, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Made a quick little wallpaper for my favorite ac game! thought you might like it as well!

    Assassin's Creed Made a quick little wallpaper for my favorite ac game! thought you might like it as well!


    Made a quick little wallpaper for my favorite ac game! thought you might like it as well!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    I hope the Ubisoft editorial restructuring will bring back the importance of narrative to Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:46 AM PST

    For those not aware of Hascoet and his new role...

    Ubisoft's chief creative officer Serge Hascoet will continue to lead editorial, VGC understands. However, sources indicate that the number of vice presidents who report into him will be expanded and given more autonomy, allowing Hascoet to take a broader overview of projects instead of directly following them.

    The seven vice presidents will each be assigned their own franchises to lead, with the authority to make their own independent decisions on future directions. Hascoet will check in on projects' progress at key milestones, similar to CEO Yves Guillemot, VGC understands.

    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisoft-revamps-editorial-team/

    Serge Hascoet is known for advocating for many of the elements found throughout the Ubisoft library the past decade or so. He essentially has been "the person" who okayed every project and influenced them all to have the same elements.

    Hascoet, infamously, is not as interested in narrative and character-driven games like we saw in the majority of the games in the AC series.

    Some quotes from an interview Hascoet did with Game Informer during the lead up to ACOD back in 2018.

    On whether or not Ubisoft will create another Ezio (multi-game protagonist)

    No, the most interest thing about Assassin's Creed for us is to explore history, not characters*. When we decide what's next, the main question is, "what the next period is we want to visit?" That leads everything. When you jump 100 years or 1,200 years, it's hard to have the same character.* Maybe in DLC we can go further. I agree though,, when you saw the old Ezio in Revelations, it was very powerful. But the context and time are the most important priorities.

    On moving away from cutscenes and narrative games.

    ...In games, you should be always an actor. If you want to be a spectator, it should still be a player decision. The games shouldn't decide for you. We need to give this kind of freedom to the player. Fewer cutscenes is a good direction*, but what will be best will be when the player won't be in front of a cinematic if they don't want to be. We discuss this approach every time. Cinematics are not good when they are forced. What I say to the narrative people is "be so good that the player will want to go meet the characters. Attract the players, don't force them."*

    Going back to one of your earlier points, do you think you would have retained more of that talent if you had more of the means to get more projects off the ground?

    ...I think Ubisoft offers creative directors a lot fo freedom, but we have deadlines too. We have the framework of open world, more systemic than narrative. Sometimes when someone wants to do a more narrative-driven game, then it's not easy for them at Ubisoft. We offer a lot of freedom and opportunities, but within a framework. Sometimes it can be a philosophical issue, but it's case by case...

    https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/10/01/ubisofts-creative-head-talks-the-future-of-assassins-creed-and-splinter-cell

    Essentially, the "VP of Editorial and Creative Services" that overseas Assassin's Creed will be able to make the brand more distinct, in theory. Let's hope

    https://twitter.com/FlicksGames/status/1210551335424102401

    submitted by /u/Ratonhnhaketon_K_
    [link] [comments]

    AC Revelations is crimenally underrated

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:06 PM PST

    I've just finished replaying Revelations and I must say, this game is close to a masterpiece, sure it doesn't add much from Brotherhood gameplaywise but it doesnt need to. The music, the setting, the colors, the plot that perfectly ties in Ezio, Altaïr and Desmond together, everything is so damn well constructed. The puzzles from the Masyaf keys are some of the best parkour puzzles we've had, the finishers are some of the most brutal and cinematic of the entire series, the supporting characters like Yusuf and Sofia are well built in the plot and add great value to Ezio himself, the diologues and the entire backstory of The First Civilazation and the creed and its tenents are explained in a very appealing way, and the possibility to play as Altaïr one last time is amazing.

    I wish people would give the game the love and praise it deserves. Thanks for coming to my TedEx talk

    submitted by /u/VagabundoCosmic
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's creed Odyssey boss fight appreciation post alongwith a question [SPOILER]

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:08 PM PST

    So. I just finished the DLCs and honestly, I loved the whole game. Even after hours of playing i just couldn't bring myself to stop pausing and panning the camera around at the beautiful world. I am a longtime fan of the franchise and i love the plethora of unique characteristics each game had.

    The boss fight with Hades was my favourite. It was difficult and Hades had this charming devilish and strong vibe throughout that I felt the adrenaline in me after defeating him.

    The last boss, the hekateblahblah, now that was my second fav, only because the creature itself was so extraordinary looking. It actually looked like a blood thirsty demon, with its eight limbs and masked face. It reminded me of the Nordic monster from The Ritual on Netflix.

    I prefer the realism as shown in unity, and am not a big fan of mythology in Assassin's Creed, but, this franchise has always been about variety throughout all the games. Irrespective of whether the next games are RPG or stealthy (you know what i mean), i am totally hooked.

    And one question. Have been reading alot about Odyssey having a very poor present day story. How exactly? I don't see anything wrong. I am genuinely interested to know whether there's something i missed. How or what in the timeline went wrong?

    I remeber reading something like "where was Kassandra/Alexios when Aya and bayek were building brotherhoods?" Well i think if someone has gone through so many battles and then learnt so much of isu knowledge, and has been around for four hundred years, they would be at such a level of spiritual peace, that they would not really be affected by what is happening in the world. Plus, she might not know aya exists and she's her descendant.

    submitted by /u/banerji_with_a_ji
    [link] [comments]

    Poll: Which Assassin's Creed game is your favourite?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:04 PM PST

    I think last night's episode of Doctor Who lined up with Assassin's Creed near-perfectly?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 05:39 AM PST

    Posting here for the first time, sorry if this doesn't fall within what's allowed here. And spoilers for Doctor Who, obviously.

    So, in as little detail as possible, last night's episode covered Nikola Tesla, who was studying a greenishly-lit metal orb of unknown origin (thanks to the movie here for making their Apple greenish, makes it match even better) which the Doctor said was left behind as a record of knowledge by a species who are now gone. More than that, they didn't really say, and I didn't see where the orb went, but according to the AC wiki, Tesla's Apple was taken from his lab somewhere around this exact time in his life! And Edison was the next person to get it - and he was in the episode too, so he could have easily taken it when no one was looking!

    I spent the whole episode getting nonsensically excited by the way this all fits, so I had to share it! And in this case... it's a shame that nothing is true, but at least everything is permitted.

    submitted by /u/MutterNonsense
    [link] [comments]

    Let's hope that Ubisoft new changes to the team is going to make something great with less rpg system.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:09 PM PST

    Past AC games had a chance to make it great. Story wise ok. But the gameplay is no more the AC gameplay. No realty. Last night I wasted a video on the old ac games where they removed a gun hidden with the blade cz The technology at the time can't make it. And after they added it in the future games cz it was possible to make. I think it was a good addition to details. But now I see numbers hovering around the enemy. Sword with alien powerd. I hope that they will remove the rpg system from games like this. Not just assassins creed, Ubisoft added this system to far cry as well. Really hate it. I hope you guys also agree.

    submitted by /u/Arino99
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get The Witcher treatment?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:23 PM PST

    Just finished the first season of The Witcher. Such an amazing show, with very little if any fan service. It would be great if they could do that for Assassin's Creed. Multiple eras/timelines is obviously doable and it would be a great way to expand on the Modern Day storyline. I dont think movies are the way to go. TV would be a more viable option. Anyone have thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/ChicagoWind88
    [link] [comments]

    Nintendo switch AC games

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:24 PM PST

    I have many consoles but I want to start playing AC . I figure the switch is the best for me so ce I'd be able to play at work. Which ones should I start with? Does story line matter in the order of the game?

    submitted by /u/dj_joeev
    [link] [comments]

    So my Arachne stingers got Hunter damage instead of assassin damage HELP!

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 01:17 AM PST

    Is this bug? Or is there some sort of rng with this dagger? It was assassin damage in my previous game. It kinda ruins the dagger.

    submitted by /u/fizzbish
    [link] [comments]

    How would people feel about more modern type of Assassins creed game? 1900s and up

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:00 PM PST

    I was just think about time periods to set the games in. But what about something of a more modern spin? Modern as in the last 100 years. What if we had a game set in 1920s America, or France during the occupation of Nazi Germany. These little time periods that could be fun to think about. I do wonder what might happen with say firearms taking over combat or something along those lines. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Dragoniod0808
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot seem to find the 'Master 'cultist

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:07 PM PST

    I'm level 47 all of the guides claim I need to complete On a high horse so I can complete another quest to kill this cultist. I did all the other Socrates side quests recently.... There is no quest log in this game which is strange for an rpg so I don't even remember if I did I did it before my break from this game. It's been 6 months since I last played and no way do I want to restart my game because I love my amazonian armor so I can live my Xena fantasy! Is there something else I am missing to unlock this quest?

    submitted by /u/makeawitchfoundation
    [link] [comments]

    Who are the sages?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:00 PM PST

    Who are the sages in ac series and what powers do they have?

    submitted by /u/Romlow_1995
    [link] [comments]

    I just can't with the Assassin's Creed Unity ending.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:25 AM PST

    I recently played Unity for the first time to see how good the story was (and to see if any bugs were fixed from launch). In my experience the game was fine up until that ending. I understand the idea of killing off the main protagonists love interest but it still hit me right in the feels. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/JakeTheSnake260
    [link] [comments]

    Black Flag Had So Much Online pontential

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:47 PM PST

    So My favorite assassins creed game was Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag And once you finish all the dlc and campaign and ship upgrades the game becomes boring and then you try the multiplayer which in my opinion was trash because of these reasons: -So Basic Mission like kill target or hide -So much missised potential (will explain later) -no propose So it was trash and there was so much potential with the ships idea like that Sea of thrives (great game to be honest) the ship online and ai battles and add those upgrades form the story BOOM that alone would make a whole new 20-40$ game Thanks for reading I will respond to most comments at 3-10 on EST

    submitted by /u/comradetango
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] AC: Odyssey - All Armor Sets and Outfits video showcase

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:03 AM PST

    My epic Odyssey critique

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:29 AM PST

    I wrote this a while back when I was really angry about the game and then forgot about it. Found it today and still think it's pretty bang on. Be warned it's long.

    Assassin's Creed Odyssey is not all bad, and certain aspects of the game's world deserve credit, but boy there are a lot of bad things about it. And what's bad about Odyssey is increasingly what's bad about the gaming industry as a whole, so I feel like it's worth pointing out.

    Firstly, the cities and locations feel dead. I know the NPCs walk around chattering in broken Greek and looking vaguely busy, but that doesn't create atmosphere. In most games, creating atmosphere outside of quests is done by random character interactions and ambient dialogue and having interesting activities to engage in or even collectibles that tell a bit of story. Odyssey has none of that in its cities or other locations - it expects its art design to carry everything - and it makes exploring really boring. 'I predict this next area will have loot and enemies and nothing else of interest. Hey what do you know, right again.'

    Maybe it's good there's not more writing though, because most of the writing is really bad. The cringe-worthy swearing has to be the biggest offender. You have to wonder who wrote this stuff sometimes. A 14-year-old trying to be edgy? Does anyone think the Ezio games would be better if they had a bunch of try-hard swearing thrown in? In Odyssey, there's a character named Gelon that you come across in the mission Crewless. My God, I wouldn't want to meet whoever came up with that person and wrote that dialogue. And the way the casual flings and romances are written. Seriously, Odyssey's characters too often seem to be waging a war with recognizable and sympathetic human emotions. It really makes me suspicious of the kind of people who are getting employed to write games these days. I don't think I'd get along very well with them.

    And what's the point of having a leveling system only to have all the game's content stick to your level like you owe it money? Doesn't that take absolutely all of the fun out of it? I can't think of a single RPG I've ever played where that would have improved the experience. It wouldn't be to bake in the grind and push microtransactions, would it?

    Also is collecting new gear and weapons fun for people in Odyssey? I know the game thinks that it's fun. It has to, considering how much it asks you to do it. But I don't know. I can't get excited about +3% anything. I see +3% I'm not getting excited to go out and find more of it. And everything sticks to your level all the time anyway so the leveling thing isn't very fun. But what do I know.

    And why is the experience of exploring in Odyssey so mindless? It's like the game knows it doesn't have anything really interesting for you to do so it's happy for you to do it without even thinking about it. Odyssey's attitude to exploring is like my attitude to driving to the grocery store to buy milk. When you play Odyssey it wants you to have the same blank, barely conscious state of a motorist signalling a left turn. This is the future of gaming right here, folks.

    I guess maybe Odyssey thinks I'm trying to check my phone or something while I'm playing it, is that what's going on here? Is it trying to not hog all of my attention? Is it a game made for people who like to have a group chat open at the same time? Because I'm all yours Odyssey. This is a single player Assassin's Creed game and when I play it I don't need to be doing anything else.

    And don't even get me started on the game's economy. That subtle grind that seems to be the root cause of so many of the game's design choices. Boy, if I really wanted to be able to spend freely in this game it sure would take a lot of grinding and picking shit up. I mean I've been picking shit up all over the place but I still can't go crazy here. Things seem awfully expensive. What's that Ubisoft? Time savers? Free Helix Credits? I just need to go to your store and redeem them? Aw, you guys. You know, some might say you've whored out a once great franchise at the altar of the almighty dollar, but not me.

    And what's with the clumsy, overblown stealth animations? When your character is trying to be stealthy and then goes in for these insane over the top kills it just makes him look stupid. And boy those combat and stealth animations, eh? I've stabbed a lot of empty air in my time with Odyssey. I mean, the quality of this stuff is worse than the first AC game, and that came out in 2007.

    And what's with all the MMO-type content? All that auto-generated nonsense that tries to pretend like it's real content. It seems to me that if a game doesn't even care enough about its own content to make it unique and original, why the hell should I care. You mean a randomly generated character wants me to go to a randomly generated location? Boy, that doesn't sound like a waste of my time at all, Odyssey.

    Even the actual written quests try and get away with too much. They just send you to the game's samey combat zones and ask you to do the same thing over and over. It's like if all the quests in Witcher 3 sent you to those question marks on the map. And you can ask the quest giver where to go and he'd give you a vague idea of where the monster nest is. That's basically what Odyssey's side quests are.

    And whose bright idea was "exploration mode"? It just adds a tiresome and pointless task to every quest. Even if you turn it off the game still barks all this information about where each awesome new quest location is. I really don't care that much, Odyssey. Every area in this game is pretty much the same anyway. Just give me a quest marker, it's cool. And I love that the one thing the game has to collect, those Ainigmata ostraka? More boring location hunting! And the rewards are even more boring than usual. Jeez Odyssey, have you ever played any fun games? Because there have been loads of them in the past, some in your own franchise even, and they don't have stuff like this in them.

    I guess I'll conclude by saying that the Ubisoft Quebec AC games are easily the worst AC games in the series. And even worse, they make all other AC games seem bad by association. They bring the whole thing down. I think having them make two of the last three games was a huge mistake. I know Yahtzee said Odyssey was the game that finally made him give up on the franchise. I guess I hope there's still something to salvage.

    Man, I didn't even get to the botched modern day stuff and the awful Desmond replacement, Layla.

    submitted by /u/RickJones616
    [link] [comments]

    Idea for Assassins creed game after AC: Kingdom

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:27 PM PST

    Hi reddit,

    i have an idea for next location and time period for AC game. I really would like to visit middle europe in 14/15th centurary. A war between hussites and christians after death of Jan Hus, it could be really great atmosphere, where we could play. Its less than 100 years from death of Charles IV. There was also multiple crusades etc.

    For those who wants to see what im talking about.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_IV,_Holy_Roman_Emperor

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Hus

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussite_Wars

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_%C5%BDi%C5%BEka

    Thanks for any answers.

    submitted by /u/boreCZ12
    [link] [comments]

    AC Kingdom XBOX Rumor (I hope so)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:02 PM PST

    Launch Titles - The big three are Halo Infinite, Forza Motorsport 8 and Perfect Dark Reboot (produced by Rare and The Coalition), ALL COMING TO LAUNCH (Subject to change). Launch window from November to April 2021. Fable (Playground Games) House Of Thieves (new game inspired by Uncharted and BioShock) Obsidian Entertainment next game (AAA Open World RPG) mixes between Skyrim and The Outer Worlds with new intonations in development since 2016. Now is the first time that the launch is for 3. Assassins Creed: Ragnarok, February 14, 2021. Rocksteady, new game, November 28, Mafia IV, March 3. and, last but not least, GTA VI, April 2021. CHANGE !!!).

    That is, will AC Kingdom be announced in February 2020 and launched in February 2021? it seems to me kind of credible, since the PS5 and XSX will be released in December.

    Full Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/erg24n/found_this_xbox_e3_leak/

    submitted by /u/EnenraX
    [link] [comments]

    Achilles set and weapons AC odyssey

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:44 PM PST

    What's the best weapons for this gearset I'm using minotaur Labrys and polyphemos cyclops bludgeon right now

    submitted by /u/Sigfodr23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment