• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 19, 2020

    Assassin's Creed What are they looking at? (Ezio and Leonardo fanart)

    Assassin's Creed What are they looking at? (Ezio and Leonardo fanart)


    What are they looking at? (Ezio and Leonardo fanart)

    Posted: 18 May 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    The voice acting in Black Flag is top notch

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Every line has such an emotion behind it. This exchange for example when Edward's hallucinating is so good:

    "Is everything you do, out of spite Edward?!"

    "It's not SPITE that's driving me Mary! It's courage!

    OR:

    "YOU THREW IN WITH THE VERY KIND WE ONCE HATED"

    It doesn't have to be the conversations near the end of the game. Every line is so strong and I love it. I think it's one of the main reasons Black Flag is so loved.

    submitted by /u/EightBiscuit01
    [link] [comments]

    Ubi, let me kill them dead in Valhalla

    Posted: 18 May 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    It's such a ridiculous concept that I can't, for the life of me, figure out how Ubi messed up. Generally, when I stick a blade through someone's spine when he ain't watching, I expect said person to die. Doesn't matter how high the number hovering over your head is. What I certainly don't expect is for you to turn around and punt my face across the Parthenon.

    Let me kill them dead, Ubi. None of that half-assed health bar sh!t.

    submitted by /u/LCTarX
    [link] [comments]

    [Cosplay] Which Assassin's costume do you like the most? I've always loved Ezio's costume design, so much that I even recreated the costume from scratch.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    Assassin’s Creed Black FlagOn the horizon cover ( i have been playing the violin for 4 days ) ��

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    My 3rd AC Valhalla fanart ��

    Posted: 18 May 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    Assassin's creed syndicate needs more love

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    I just got syndicate and it feels like its the most underappreciated game in the series besides assassin's creed 3. It has the classic combat system and a great musical score that feels very forgotten about. I'm just ranting about how I like the game

    submitted by /u/noble-first
    [link] [comments]

    One thing Origins had that I wish Odyssey kept: those “blue triangle” letters/stories

    Posted: 18 May 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Remember in Origins when exploring tombs or houses or camps, and there were occasionally those letters that you could read? They were so fun and interesting and insightful, I read so many while playing the game. It made you feel like searching for more than just loot & resources. I'm playing through Odyssey and wish it had the level of detail like Origins did.

    Those were some of my favorite tidbits of the game. I hope something similar returns in AC Valhalla

    submitted by /u/randloadable19
    [link] [comments]

    I hope that Valhalla gets as much post-release love as Odyssey got.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    The difference between launch day Odyssey and now is huge. They updated the game constantly and I loved seeing lacking areas get polished. The increase of the level cap, the new quests, the new abilities, and the episodic nature of the DLCs were all things that I think were hugely beneficial to the game. I love that I can have different loadouts for when I want to specialize a bit differently.

    I'm someone who got burned out on the buggy messes that AC kept launching as in its middle years, but after Origins and Odyssey my faith in the series as a whole has been restored. I really look forward to Valhalla

    submitted by /u/TheMastodan
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla's Creative Director Talks Quests, Controls And More

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    What in your opinion is the most badass moment/sequence from the games?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Imo it's the Bunker Hill sequence from AC III when Connor single handedly captures two ships and then just walks through the battlefield without taking any damage.

    Connor saying "I expect an apology when I return" was one of his best lines imo.

    I'd say the bit where Ezio assassinates Cesare Borgia is a close second for me cause of just how amazing it was

    Edit: I also want to mention Connor taking down the man'o war. I've heard a lot of people compare Connor to a block of wood but tbh he's a batshit crazy block of wood

    submitted by /u/haafiiizzzz
    [link] [comments]

    I think my hometown might be featured in Valhalla.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Hey everyone

    I'm really hyped for the new game and decided to have a closer look at what's in store. I noticed that one of the main areas for exploration in the game will be Northumbria in England, and it got me thinking about whether or not the town where I live will be in the game. I live in a small-ish seaside port town called Whitby on the coast of North Yorkshire, or Northumbria during the era of the Viking invasions. Whitby was invaded by the vikings and they even gave it the name, translating to "white settlement" in old Norse. I think that maybe Whitby will be one of the ports in the game where you can take your ship and will let you access further into Northumbria. What do you guys think, possible or maybe a bit far fetched?

    Also, we have an old Abbey on one of the high cliffs that overlook the town that was partially destroyed by the Vikings when they invaded. Maybe a possible place to synchronise?

    submitted by /u/tomnoblee
    [link] [comments]

    If they bring back the mercenary/bounty system in Valhalla

    Posted: 18 May 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    They really need to fine tune it so me killing enemies in a camp on top of a mountain doesnt instantly get a bounty placed on me by someone 1000 meters away in a city, make it either like WatchDogs where it shows you whose about to call the police and then you can stop them, i.e. put a symbol over their head like they do when someones trying to light the alarm fire and you can pay them off or something or like Hitman where just killing any witnesses negates a negative penalty

    But whichever way they go there shouldnt be omnipotent civilans miles away knowing I just executed a bandit chief

    submitted by /u/snypesalot
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed 2020-2027 "Leak"

    Posted: 18 May 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    A recent 4chan post has shared this image that may be leaking the settings of the next games through 2027. Obviously take with a grain of salt.

    Original 4chan Thread

    submitted by /u/nstav13
    [link] [comments]

    Everybody is complaining about the possibility of weapon durability, but forgets the mechanic where you could disarm an enemy or run and grab it off the ground. This could make combat really exciting

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    Remember in AC3 when you were unarmed an could disarm a dude and take his weapon? Or how you'd be running and see a weapon on the floor and scoop it up without stopping?

    I feel like if weapon durability is a thing, and dual wielding is a thing, combat could see some really fresh changes. I ALWAYS use the swords in these games. Fuck any other weapon type. It's fun to dabble, but I feel like a lot of us can agree swords are MVP.

    Duel wielding already encourages the player to experiment with different weapon combinations both single and both hands, but if weapons break and we find ourselves with nothing (except the hidden blade) then combat can get pretty sweet.

    Imagine going into a fort with a sword and shield, the mission is a bust and your caught, so you fight and mow dudes down and they break your gear. With no other option, you begin disarming guards. First it's just a spear, then spear and sword, but the spear breaks so now you have a sword and axe. But you threw the axe and picked up another sword. Both swords break now you've got just a shield. In the chaos you find yourself with two shields. One is beginning to crack as you slam it into a dudes face, so you pick up a heavy axe.

    All of those weapons have different animations, swing speeds, finishers, etc. That combat encounter already required way more thought into how I picked me enemies and how I changed between offense and defense (if it plays similar to origins and Odyseey)

    I don't think weapon durability has to be a negative thing. Especially if there are tons of skills dedicated to throwing spears and weapons, chances are your gonna be having to switch between weapons and pick some off the ground anyway.

    submitted by /u/meme_abstinent
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think that Assassin's Creed 3 would have had a much better reception if had more development time?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    I remember a time where Assassin's Creed 3 was one of my most anticipated game and one that I genuinely liked despite its drawbacks and half-finished game mechanics and a mediocre story (which provoked a lot of interesting questions about the Assassin-Templar war)

    However, when I look back and compare Assassin's Creed 3 with the older games, I realised that there was a sort of "lost magic" that was not involved in AC 3 or perhaps it was there but not fully finished.

    Or another example of me thinking that AC 3 would have been much better if the developers had more time was when I was the prototype versions of the game which teased about the world that Connor would be in - the harshness of the wilderness and the Frontier, the interactiveness between Connor and the rest of the world around him, and the swiftness of many of Connor's moves which pays homage to his Native American roots.

    There were many changes that did not seem to fit in or make sense like regenerating health, the mechanics of hunting and collecting parts from animals to do some crafting but there was no real reason to craft in the first place because it did not make a difference, or the Frontier mechanic which made sense as it was like the old Montereggioni back in AC2 but it was half finished and did not feel like it was teeming with life every time you invested on making it bigger.

    Or that there was not enough impact on the many difficult changes that Connor had to make, or how he was pressed into conflicting views between fighting for the freedom of the colonists and fighting for the freedom of his tribe; or the conflict between fighting against the Templars and wanting the Assassins and the Templars to put their biases aside and stop the war once and for all which we saw tiny pieces of this when he had those arguments with his father. That way it would have made sense why Connor was so "grumpy" and serious because he was stuck in intricate situations all the time.

    I really wished that AC3 would have had more development time because I felt that it would have had a much bigger impact given that it was meant to be the conclusion of a trilogy at the time, and also having a good ending for Connor.

    submitted by /u/sammyjamez
    [link] [comments]

    Did Altaïr really rebuild the Assassin Brotherhood?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    I see everyone here talking about the fact that the entire Assassin Brotherhood was rebuild by Altaïr in the 12th century. But how do you know that?

    I finished revelations last week and I didn't see anything about it in the game. Sure, he rebuild the Assassin's brotherhood stationed in Masyaf when everyone was against him. But that's not the whole brotherhood, is it?

    submitted by /u/drago157
    [link] [comments]

    Get ready for a sad ending

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    IIRC Darby was the writer for Black Flag and Revelations . (Origins aswell?) Ashraf Ismail worked on BF and Origins which both had sad endings. We all know what happens in BF. And in Origins Bayek has to end his relationship with his wife for the creed. That's kinda sad. Revelations gives closure to Altair and Ezio in an emotional way. Seeing as Darby and Ashraf are working on Valhalla, the ending will be sad I believe. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/RemembertheOne
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla interview with creative director Ashraf Ismail

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    My thoughts of Origins Ending

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    I have just finished the main story of Origins and have mixed feelings.

    I feel that Bayek was built up to be an amazing character (great character arc and voice acting), but in the end basically achieved nothing and did not become important in any way. I was expecting him to become the founder of the guild and the first Master Assassin (could have given him the first Master Assassin Armor at the end of the story) but it felt he was tossed aside for Aya who had barely any development and featured scarcely throughout the game.

    I am not hating on the game as i would still probably put it up there with Brotherhood and Black Flag but just felt the ending was a little disappointing. I cant think of another game where you spent hours gaining skills, gear, weapons and upgrades only to fight the Final Boss as a total different character with predetermined armor/weapons.

    In my opinion it would have been better if Bayek went to Rome or at least got some recognition/responsibility for his role in the birth of the order. i just feel sad that such a good character has been dealt a shitty hands in terms of historical significance.

    submitted by /u/NotoriousRunning123
    [link] [comments]

    Ezio legacy outfits in Valhalla?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Am i the only one wanting to get the 'Giovanni' robes Ezio had in Assassins creed 2 instead of the brotherhood outfit as the legacy outfit. even better if we got all 3 of Ezio's main outfits from his trilogy. Also, bring back the legacy outfits like we had in Unity or AC3 remastered. not as a Uplay reward

    submitted by /u/LIZzard112
    [link] [comments]

    Could Alfred the Great be the philosopher king Aspasia was talking about? ( Odyssey spoilers )

    Posted: 18 May 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    During the end of the Cult storyline where Kassandra is shown a vision of events and people to come. Though usually only people with a decent amount of Isu DNA can fully interact with it, Aspasia reveals she was shown a vision as well.

    I saw you. In the vision, you destroyed the pyramid and you destroyed the Cult...I saw what would come after. *We will be replaced by a new kind of order - control under the reign of a philosopher king*.There would be a movement away from the old gods and towards rational society, built in a kingdom by the people, for the people. And I must find someone to lead them

    Some say Alfred may not be the main villain since it's been said that they've added nuance to him rather than making him completely bad. However I don't see them repeating the scenario of a king being controlled by those surrounding him. This leads me to believe that we might witness the creation of the Templar order/ the rebranding of the Order of the ancients with new ideals.

    This period of time could also fit in with the part about moving away from the old gods with the conversion of many norsemen to Christianity. The part about a kingdom built by the people for the people still escapes me, if we're talking specifically of the time period Valhalla takes place. She could likely be referencing events across multiple time periods.

    submitted by /u/Powerblue102
    [link] [comments]

    Weight of combat and movement

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    Just a short little thing for discussion, but would people like the weight of movement and combat to be for Valhalla?

    The earlier games had real weight to the movmand combat where you felt like combat had meaning, strikes had a feel to them, as did getting hit. Same goes for running and parkour, it really felt like you were in control.

    The newer games origins and odyssey obviously went the RPG route and the combat and movement is very light as in movement feels unimportant and boring. The combat was very different and felt dull and like it didn't matter.

    I'm not saying that any is better, I actually quite liked the combat of origins and odyssey (except the powers) and it was a little more difficult than just waiting to parry and strike like the earlier games. The weight is hard to describe so I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to get across

    submitted by /u/AusCC98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment